The Villa Decius Association and the Foundation for Polish-German Cooperation in cooperation with the Literary Colloquium Berlin invite German writers, translators of German literature into Polish, and translators of Polish literature into German to apply for residential scholarships at the Villa Decius in Krakow. The deadline for applications is 30 June 2017. The duration of the residency is from one to three months (possible months are August – November 2017). Applications are to be sent via e-mail directly to the address of the project coordinator given below.
Who can apply?
- Writers from Germany who have published at least one book;
- Translators of German literature into the Polish language;
- Translators of Polish literature into the German language.
What does the scholarship include?
- accommodation at the Łaski House, an annex to the historic Villa Decius palace in a beautiful park setting in Krakow (one-person room with washroom facilities and free internet access, shared kitchen);
- a monthly stipend of 3.000 PLN (approx. 715 EUR) gross;
- support from the Villa Decius Association in preparing and organizing the stay.
How to apply?
Individual applications (either in Polish or German language) should include:
- CV (date of birth, address, contact details, education, professional activity) – max. 2 A4 size pages
- list of translations/publications – max. 2 A4 size pages
- letter of motivation describing the literary project planned for implementation during the residency period, together with the preferred duration and time of the stay – max. 3 A4 size pages
Applications should be sent via e-mail to: email@example.com by 30 June 2017.
Decisions regarding the scholarships will be made jointly by the Villa Decius Association, the Literary Colloquium Berlin and the Foundation for Polish-German Cooperation, and will be announced by mid-July 2017.